[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sad News

  • From: PUD709@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:35:39 EST

Tom Bennetts son, Gary, just called me with the sad news that Tom  Bennett
passed away today.

He was approaching the age of 94.
Forthose of you who do not recognize his name he was the husband of Jane
Bennett who for many, many years was the editor of the Review.

In his own right he was an AKC approved judge for at least one Group and
Best in Show.

He judged the national in either 1973 or 74-which ever year Tellaheides
Gallo was Grand Victor.
Remember this is ancient history so help me.  Their dog won Grand  Victor
award in Im sure 1963 in Long Island.I know it was won by the headlights  of
all
the cars because for some reason there were not enough lights. The  Bennets co
owned this dog with another couple whose name Im sure I know but dont  want
to say it wrong. We were close and dear friends and will miss him very  much.

If anyone has an idea for a memorial that would be great.  My personal
circumstances with Sam's health will keep me from it .Please let me know if
there
is any interest.

Marion Lawrence