[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sad News

  • From: Luanne Crinklaw <silvermoongsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:24:32 -0700 (PDT)

Paul Newman's daughter Cleo used to ride hunter jumpers in the same show
circuit that I rode, Cleo being from Conn, and I from N.J. I  remember that he
and Joanne were always so nice to all of us kids. They made sure that we were
always warm and dry at the shows. They always had hot chocolate and blankets
for anyone who needed them. To all of us kids on the circuit they were just
Cleo's mom and dad, not the movie stars that they were. My mom was just so star
struck the first time she met them, that she could barely say hello, she was so
mad that I hadn't told her that that they were Cleo's mom and dad. To me they
were just Mr. & Mrs. Newman, the nice parents that made sure all the kids had
food to eat and stuff to drink and gave everyone encouragement not just their
daughter.

Luanne Crinklaw
Silvermoon German Shepherds