[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sad National--Other Nationals counts?

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: SegerWind@xxxxxxx, blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx, geschette@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 21:56:25 EDT

Are you saying the economics favors certain breeds? <G>
Lee Brown
Too far from the womb and too  close to the tomb to care about what anyone
thinks of me

In a message dated 9/25/2010 5:44:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
SegerWind@xxxxxxx writes:
Economics ???????????

In a message dated 9/25/2010  7:42:34 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx  writes:
Greg,
I was just looking at the Soft Coated Wheaten entry  for their national and

we have more Wheatens (244 total entries)  than Shepherds. Our nationals is

always held at Montgomery County,  Pennsylvania. (On the Hatboro, Devon,
Morris  and Essex weekend)
This year, the Portuguese Water Dog National is in San  Luis Obispo,  CA on
October 2-8, The total entry is 271
271 PORT WATERDOG   54-87- 41-30
40 FUTURITY
78 SWEEPSTAKES
37 VETERANS  SWEEPSTAKES
14 VETERAN DOGS
29 VETERAN BITCHES
8 WORKING  TITLED DOGS
8  WORKING TITLED BITCHES
14 STUD DOG
16 BROOD  BITCH
5 BRACE

You have said yourself the Vizsla National has  more dogs there than we
have shepherds.
So the real question,  why is a popular breed such as  shepherds, being
hammered in entries  while the "not so popular breeds" like  wheatens, water
dogs
and  vizlas numbers are strong for their nationals... and  sadly, does
anyone
really care???

Mike Lynch
BlackHawk Farms, LLC