[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sad National--Other Nationals counts?

  • From: SegerWind@xxxxxxx
  • To: blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx, geschette@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:44:01 EDT

Economics ???????????

In a message dated 9/25/2010 7:42:34 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Greg,
I was just looking at the Soft Coated Wheaten entry for their national and
we have more Wheatens (244 total entries) than Shepherds. Our nationals is
always held at Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. (On the Hatboro, Devon,
Morris  and Essex weekend)
This year, the Portuguese Water Dog National is in San  Luis Obispo, CA on
October 2-8, The total entry is 271
271 PORT WATERDOG  54-87- 41-30
40 FUTURITY
78 SWEEPSTAKES
37 VETERANS SWEEPSTAKES
14 VETERAN DOGS
29 VETERAN BITCHES
8 WORKING TITLED DOGS
8  WORKING TITLED BITCHES
14 STUD DOG
16 BROOD BITCH
5 BRACE

You have said yourself the Vizsla National has more dogs there than we
have shepherds.
So the real question, why is a popular breed such as  shepherds, being
hammered in entries while the "not so popular breeds" like  wheatens, waterdogs
and vizlas numbers are strong for their nationals... and  sadly, does anyone
really care???

Mike Lynch
BlackHawk Farms, LLC