[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sacramento/Reno judging

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 18:12:13 -0400

Hi all, I'm back from California, what a cool adventure................geez I
would move there in a heartbeat !!! If i didn't have a family i would move out
there and work with Kevin of Cafe Keviccino making the most awesome smoothies
and yummy food! This was my first judging assignment on the West Coast and I
loved it, the people there just couldn't be any nicer they all went out of
their way to treat me so well. I had a great time !!
The Sacramento club has some of the sweetest and fun people in membership. I
understand they kinda all belong to each others clubs there so they all work
together as a great team to put these shows on. I don't want to mention
specific names and leave someone out, but i was just totally impressed and
loved the California group there. The club went out of their way to please
everyone, they had their food vendor put out a great spread of complimentary
food for all and just aimed to please in every way. They worked really hard at
putting on this cluster weekend and it seemed to really draw the exhibitors in.
I must mention they are so lucky to have an excellent photographer (Terry) who
worked non-stop to provide beautiful quality photography for the win pictures
and movement shots as well.
I had such quality in entries wow.......i had my work cut out for me choosing
the winners,,,,both WD & WB finished this weekend and I see my RWB got the
major today. They were stars in my eyes...............
My Breed and Best Opp winners were absolutely lovely as were the other specials
and many other entries that could have won under me on any given day.
As a judge it is thrilling to actually have many choices and hard decisions.
So a huge thank you to the Sacramento club and all the exhibitors who entered
under me........i so enjoyed being there and meeting many new people. Thanks to
Evan for the nice comments on my judging and Tedi also, he and Tedi are some
genuinely true good people..............it's great to have Evan doing well and
posting from the shows.
Anyways before i write a novel here...........guess i'll go rest up and savor
the fun i had with a whole new group of people in our GSD family :o)
    Amy
Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com