[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sables

  • From: "Liana New" <liananew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:50:44 -0600

I didn't have Kida when she was born, her other mother would have to answer
that question of color when she was born.

I was just looking at her pictures as she ages I'm guessing she was
extremely dark as a puppy?  She wasn't as dark when she was younger and
every single time she sheds (two dozen times in two and a half years <G>)
she gets darker and darker.  Her color also depends on what stage of growth
she's in with her coat.  Her face is is black with little cute eye brows.

My first sable.. we'll see what happens!  If she keeps going darker as she
sheds based on what you're saying she could have been born black!!  She has
gotten darker and darker with each new coat and not the same color as she
was before she blows coat.  My guess with my experience so far is that
sables darken with age.

Liana New  Liana@xxxxxxxxxxx
Website:  www.liananew.com