[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SWIMMERS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:05:43 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/2007 4:22:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
writes:
I think  it is possible that you  have an
hereditary tendency in your own  lines that causes this, regardless of  the
position the fetus takes.  I myself have never seen it repeated in subsequent

litters.   Syd

In 52 years of breeding these two litters are the only two that puppies  were
born flat chested. I have had the occasional swimmer thru the years but not
often enough to take note. The bitch that had these two litters has been bred
to  other stud dogs and to my knowledge has had no swimmers. The sire of these
two  litters has been bred to other bitches and has had no other swimmers.
Also  the occasional swimmer I have had thru the years I did not check at the
moment  of birth so I do not know if they were born that way or not. What I do
know is  that no swimmer puppy was ever sold from my kennel as a breeding
animal.
And none were used for breeding by me. That might be why I have had in 52
years of breeding about less than 10 swimmers and 4 of them were from two
litters total pups 7.
Fred