[ SHOWGSD-L ] SUPER SIZE-IS THE IDEAL BEING PENALIZED?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:50:47 EDT

People are bigger, healthier and living longer than ever.  Why  shouldn't our
breed improve as well?

We tend to want smaller computers, watches, radios, and electronics.   We
want bigger televisions, cars and dogs.

Let's understand that few things remain the same.  Change is not  always bad,
and this is a discussion John DeHope and I had constantly.   John and I never
changed, maybe that is a good thing.  Maybe not.

I like a bigger German shepherd, (I did co-own Patriot), and I like a
smaller bitch.  I like the standard, but don't believe it is chipped in  rock,
and
may need to adjust.  I can't so the standard must.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together

In a message dated 3/10/2008 10:31:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Should  we modify the height portion of our standard
to make our breed larger to  accommodate those who are breeding the
"super-size" GSD? Or do we encourage  judges to find creative ways such as
John DeHope did, to find correctness  in our breed?