[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: STIPID LAWS, STUPID PEOPLE

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: rockannand@xxxxxxx, shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:30:21 EDT

In a message dated 9/17/2007 4:17:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rockannand@xxxxxxx writes:
This is  to assume that even a monthly plan won't work?  Payment has to be
worked out prior to work done.  If it is charity, then it is a gift given
freely by by the Clinic.  We all have cell phones, call the  Clinic before
heading
out.  Give the Clinic the chance to  evaluate circumstances.  Make an account
with the Clinic and be  accountable.  Kate

I hear you.  It would be nice if people did that.  In this case,  they guy
had a dog (puppy?) with parvo.  I guess they didn't do that.   But there has to
be some recourse for the vets to collect when it all goes to  hell.  Heck, in
a perfect world, the guy would have plastic he could put it  on.  And if he
didn't, or didn't want to, what are the odds of the vet  seeing his money?  Why
should the vet have to be the bank?

I'm just saying I understand (the law that says it's ok re.) not  releasing
the dog until payments or arrangements have been made.  Like the  other lister
that responded, I've seen people not pay, I've taken the calls  to re-home
when dogs are left at the vets and I've seen vets take it  on the chin.  (Too
often, I'm afraid.)

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds