[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ST LOUIS- missing it by 'not' much.

  • From: <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:23:29 -0500

Remember the West Coast had a Club and Specialty show that was so huge
they called the Best Of Breed dog  the "Pacific Coast Grand Victor".
That show now barely pulls 2 pts. at times...even with the lowered pt. system.

Would you really want to consider a show that size and all the same dogs you
already beat on the way to your dog's Championship  your "NATIONAL"....and
call your dog a 'Grand Victor'  ....when there is 'maybe' enough dogs to have
3- 4 Selects?
I'd save the money....stay home and buy the video ....and get myself to the
National in another area so I could at least see some new dogs from some new
lines while I was at it.............<G>  Or would we be forced to show in one
area?

Either way....again...I can't see how the Parent Club could now take on THREE
Nationals for expenses, sheep,  venues, workers, judges, time, work...and Board
presence and meetings, etc.
Nor can I see AKC happy with three "Nationals"  for one parent Club....??

Guess I AM  missing something.

Carolyn   marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

http://showgsd.org/mail.html