[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SOME EXCITEMENT

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 04:09:21 EDT

Reminds me of my mastiff, Truffles. She went missing one day, within the
fenced yard.  I looked for her for two hours, including all over the
neighborhood, although I knew in my heart this massive girl could never have
jumped out.
I had looked under a wooden storage building, but did not see her. I  took a
flashlight finally, and saw something shining under the floor (the  building
stood around 6 inches off the ground). It was one of her eyes shining  in the
flashlight. She was completely buried and jammed under the floor joists.  She
had dug in from the other side of the building, (12 feet away) pushing the
dirt behind her! There was no way she could be seen from where she dug in. I
was
panicked, called a friend, and she called two other friends, including a male
 friend, who got there in record time. I was not sure she was alive, she
never  moved or made a sound....heaven only knows how long she was buried
there.
We had  to dismantle the entire building to get her out. The floor joists had
to be  chopped and sawed out, which made the building unstable. When we finally
dug to  where she was, something black leapt out 6 ft in the air, and one of
my friends  screamed, "It's a rat"!  A flying rat? It was a terrified black
rabbit, she  had chased it under the house, and buried herself, and the bunny.
My friend  Brenda pulled her out, all 130 lbs of her, she was dazed but
unharmed.  It  is good to have friends.  Syd

In a message dated 4/22/2008 8:34:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
wynsum@xxxxxxx writes:
Had a  little excitement yesterday with the really old dog.
She loves to  dig and does so all the time =96 major
excavations of her run. Apparently,  she was doing a
redesign against the door (it opens into her run) and fell
in, legs in a position she could not change, and partially
buried  herself around 5pm.  We had to remove the door
partially and  fortunately, someone here is a little person
(preshrunk), we got into the  run, unburied her, and
uprighted her.  Took about 20 minutes before  she could
stand on her own!  THe first thing she did was poo and
pee.

Ah the joys of Dog ownership!
Doc Zoe
Wynsum  http://wynsumgsd.com
POST  is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE -  www.showgsd.org

listings at AOL Autos.