[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SO IF NOT THE GERMAN SHEPHERD, WHAT THEN?

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 15:19:30 GMT

Me, too.  I have been a member of two Schip lists for a couple of years now,
learning about them and getting to know some of the breeders/exhibitors.  A
side benefit of those list memberships is that it also gives me another place
to brag about Harley!!  :-)  :-)  They are such positive, supportive people.
They totally understand what Harley and JR have accomplished.

As I don't breed, and won't live with an intact bitch, and you can't show a
spayed bitch, I will be getting a male Schip someday.  And...like my buddy,
Sally, I just may handle him in the ring myself.........but, who will groom
him???

I still haven't given up on the idea of a Standard Poodle, but, could not
maintain show coat, so I will probably just be a good home for a retired or
rescue dog.  Time will tell.  Things change, and, these are sort of tentative
plans, for now.

After all, I never thought I would be campaigning a BIS GSD, so, we will see
what Karma brings to me!!!   :-)  :-)

Paula

Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047, DNA tested clear of the
long-coat factor.