[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SNAKES (con't)

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 12:57:16 -0700

Tish, where do you live? I don't recall. My dear friends, Ed & Jean in
Mountain View, AR dealt with a copperhead last year. They had just finished
painting their house when Jean started to pick up drop cloths & a copperhead
got her in the hand. Ed had already gone in the house. She said she felt
like a Mac truck had hit her. She called for Ed to come out of the house. He
could barely get her in the car. They live 6 miles from town. When they got
to the hospital they thought they had been a car accident because the paint
all over them looked like blood...;o) Anyway, the snake had filled Jean so
full of venom they couldn't give her any anti-venom. They actually saw the
venom crawl slowly up her arm. She blew up like a balloon. And then it got
in some of her lymph nodes. I saw photos of Jean in the hospital 3 days
later. She was a mess! It took about 10 months before she felt good again.
But then at the age of 75 might not have helped her healing. Jean said if Ed
wouldn't have been there she could've never driven herself into town. Just
wanted to share. Of course I worry for my dogs & the snakes too. I live in
snake country as well.

Kathy Sater-Partch "JoKay's"

Sorry for the interruption.  Bob just came in and wanted to see the picture
of it again.  It definitely looked like a copperhead.  He  swept it out of
the garage and you should have see that thing try to get back  in.  It was
really fast.  And all this after I just read an article in  the paper about
there being a lot of snakes around this year.  I don't mind  seeing a black
snake once in a while but I'm not at all enthused about having a  copperhead
set up camp in the garage.  Must be time to clean out that  infamous garage!
LOL  Anyway - one less copperhead in the area.

Tish