[ SHOWGSD-L ] SHOWING IN BREED AND PERFORMANCE

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 16:53:41 -0500
On 7 Dec 2011, at 16:32, Sara Minsk wrote:

 I merely said she had very nice dogs but
the one dog I saw with advanced performance titles did not have a AKC
Championship.  So, my point was that I hardly ever see CH dogs with upper
performance titles like some of the German dogs.

<reply>

The amount of time and training and committment often do not permit people to
title HIGH on
both ends if they work, have multiple dogs etc.

I cannot train my dogs in performance to the levels I want while they are busy
being show in
conformation.  Often, one must decide if they want to do one or the other.

By the time your dog is a Select excelent CH ready for its AOE, it is older.
Training for
advanced performance titles is often NOT feasible

By the time I have a UDX on the dog, it is too old for Conformation

Training classes are expensive.

We all make choices based upon our time, finances and whether or not we want to
put the dog
into t he whelping box.

WHen I train for performance, I am working that dog 5 days a week -  at
different classes,
different venues. Then of course, we still have to work at jobs, care for
children and elderly
parents, and maybe, enjoy a day off

When I train for conformation, I attend those training classes, drive to shows
or drive to my
handlers to have them take the dog to shows, then pick them up etc etc.

The dog has proved its trainability by getting a CD, RN etc.  Advanced titles
just mean the owner
had the skill and time to take that dog further.  Most of us have MANY dogs