[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]was My opinion, house call vets

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:09:08 EDT

I know it was important to me when I moved Helen (6+ years ago now) so I
searched on-line for a vet that WOULD make house calls.

Here's a link for a group of house call vets for those interested:

_http://www.housecallvets.org/_ (http://www.housecallvets.org/)

Then there is also the American Association of Housecall and mobile
Veterinarians and I'm sure with a few key stokes to google, anyone interested
could find even more...

Now, I got lucky with the second vet interview (the first was a TOTAL
wack-a-do!).

But I interview vets.  I have 4 vets that I use regularly (house  call gal
who also has a clinic and is a wonderful diagnostician, OFA guy,
reproduction guru and marvelous laporoscopic guy) and that doesn't include 2
ER/specialty centers that I wouldn't hesitate to use if the need arose. AND I
EXPECT THEM ALL TO PLAY WELL TOGETHER WITH NO ATTITUDE.  And they do,  lol.

But maybe I scare vets, lol.  Had an experience 2 weeks ago where  I was in
a huge, bustling facility w/ one of my boys who was there to be  collected
for a bitch owner.  So a sweet young thing reaches for his leash  saying
"I'll just take him a while" and I'm like (politely but leaving no room  for
discussion),  "no, I go with him."  Well that seemed to get the  whole works
in a tizzy!  Ah well, at least I made their day interesting  <G>.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 5/28/2010 8:05:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 5/27/2010 2:28:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
Personally, my vet comes to my house at  +/- 6 weeks.  The last  place I
want a puppy who isn't  fully immunized is a vet's  office.  (Call me anal,

it
won't

I'm certainly glad to hear that there are Vets that  still come to the
house. I've been following all the "My Opinion"  emails, and was curious if
Vets
still did house calls. When I was actively  breeding,my Vet always came  to
my kennel building to check the  litters, and give shots, Also  ,over the
years to put the old ones  down,when their time had come ,so they could
pass
peacefully in  familiar surroundings. We had about 8 Vets in the Twin
Cities
that  always worked with the dog breeders. It was a blessing,believe me.
Helen  Miller  Fisher

POST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

For assistance,  please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org