[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]poll on Food

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:50:39 -0800 (PST)

I have used several foods over the years.  I now use Royal Canine Sensible
Choice foods.  Diet for the old guy and puppy for my younger dogs.  I like the
extra protien and they like the flavor.

  I have found, however, that all my dogs have become sensitive to an
ingredient in every brand at some point.  I change foods if my dogs' coats
become dirty and smelly after only a few days post bath.  Changing the 2 main
ingredients usually works, but if that fails to cure the problem, I change
brands and all is well again.

  I chose Sensibe Choice the last time I changed so that if my mom's Cuz
Monster came to visit I could feed him.  He is wheat sensitive.

  sheila
vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  What brand so you feed your dogs. The old ones...Purina Pro Plan and
Eukanuba; or the newer holistic types (SG, Innova, Canidae, Nature's Variety,
Timberwolf Oganics, etc), or RAW

I know it is a touchy subject so feel free to answer in private. I'm just
trying this for my own sanity. To get a general idea.

Thanks in advance to all how answer me.

Kris Kudel
Vom Kristallaugen GSD
POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training