[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]listing your addresses

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:33:01 EDT

If we have clean hands we don't have to.  I don't care if my address  is in a
catalog.  It's on my web site.  It's listed whenever I make a  donation to a
doggy cause. I have business cards in my grooming box. My address  is even
printed on the checks for the dog account with, you guessed it, "Pine  Hill
German Shepherd Dogs" and a GSD photo. If/when I have a litter, I list the
litter
on the AKC classified site and our regional club site along with
address/phone/e-mail etc. (Could this be why people have trouble selling
puppies?????
I'm referencing the list topic a few weeks back.)

I'm invited to speak at humane societies and we recently had the dog warden
speak at one of our regional club meetings.  I wouldn't call that  hiding.

The problem I have is when people ARE overdogged for their
local/township/municipality regulations, when people figuratively flip the
middle finger and
DON'T abide by their local rabies and licensing ordinances,  when people openly
discuss using multiple vets, heaven forbid anyone actually  know how many
dogs/puppies/litters they DO have, THEN gripe and complain about  legislation,
THEN get caught breaking the rules, WHEN THAT HAPPENS  responsible dog owners
get painted with the same "fanatical/wacko dog  owner" brush.

That all bothers me more than most of the legislative issues that come down
the pike because in my experience it's a big reason those of us who DO play by
 the rules have difficulty being taken seriously when there really is an
issue  worth fighting for.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 4/3/2008 2:17:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:

And must  we hide from Animal Control when we are the most responsible pet
owners  around?   Must we tell lies and use subteruge to indulge in what we
support financially and with caring  attention?