[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]listing your addresses

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:03:43 EDT

Once upon a (saner) time, addresses, even phone numbers were in the catalog
so that prospective buyers could contact you after the shows.   I remember my
first GSD AB shows, where the address was right there where the dog was listed
in the class.   Then in the back of the catalog.

I'm actually of two minds about removing two much information...for the same
reason.   for those who are in awe of our dogs and want to contact us for more
information when we are too occupied at the shows.    Are we going to hide as
Anne Franks?   Are we so afraid in our nation now that we must hide from
extremists who may do us harm?   Is our law enforcement that weak that we can't
call and have these people arrested?

And must we hide from Animal Control when we are the most responsible pet
owners around?   Must we tell lies and use subteruge to indulge in what we
support financially and with caring attention?

If we must, then shouldn't we be "massing" to change this?   Shouldn't we be
voting out those politicians who have encouraged and supported those
extremists to the point that we are AFRAID of them?   Shouldn't we be taking
back our
rights????

We are buying into not only the extremists' language, but   also their
preying upon us to the point that we are allowing ourselves be victims and
pawns.

My opinion, as always.. (Heck, whose other opinion could it be (LOL)

Stormy
In a message dated 4/3/08 9:45:36 AM, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> We are
> concerned when local specialty clubs insist on listing name and full home
> address (security, security) and we are concerned about the language we use
> on our website.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com