[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: UPDATE ON CHAMPION IN KILL FACILITY!!  This makes Me sad

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx, vande001@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 19:04:28 EDT

Pat, I think this a list that encourages posts about rescue and
anti-doglegislation.   And I think (hope?) that list members DO want to hear
about both
issues, along with health and a wide range of topics.   Hearing about the wins,
the discussions about past dogs, genetic information, etc., etc., makes this
list unique.

I read every post that you all write about rescue and do my little bit
(mostly small donations now) to help.   I think the majority on this list do
the
same.

I know that many of my anti-animal legislation posts get deleted, but many
are read, too.   Trying to pass information without overwhelming is a balance.

So, while it's a conformation list, if "some" don't want to read certain
subjects, there are so many others from which to choose.   Good going
Administration!!!!

Stormy
In a message dated 5/9/08 3:28:49 PM, targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Cynthia
>
> I understand what you are saying but with this being a "show" list many
> people do not really want to hear about rescue....this post just goes to let
> people know that we are not only out there in the trenches working to save
> the down trodden GSD but there are SHOW dogs that are ending up in these
> kill facilities.
>
> We are grateful (at least 4 SHOW dogs are) that the administration of this
> list allows us to post the plight of so many dogs in need.  Because of this
> list, Last Hope Safe Haven is becoming a reality.  This will not be the last
> show dog we save but hopefully people are aware that it is not only the
> abused, abandoned GSDs that need us.....but occasionally a show dog will be
> facing a horrible death in a kill shelter.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
favorites at AOL Food.