[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New Pennsylvania Dog Legislation  Will Be Fought In The Tr...

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:52:26 -0500

I'm stepping in here as well since I still have friends in Penna. who are
AVID hunters.
Indeed, one gentleman has an English Setter and he was quite upset with the
mess in
Colorado with that Setter breeder.  He's also a known businessman with
advertising
and other interests.   I'm not sure if he belongs to the Sporting Dog
(whatever that is)
but I've informed him of this new activity that may be in the works in his
state.  He is
helping all he can to be sure things are on the up and up as much as
possible.
What interests me so much lately also is I"m in La. and it's just been a
couple of
years that dog fighting has been made illegal.  In our session at this time
there is
a bill being brought up to actually arrest and punish people who "attend"
dog fights.
They are wanting this, just the being there, to be a federal offense.
Getting a bit
serious here in what has been called "Sportsman's Paradise" for years.
We'll be
watching this stuff, as usual.     Sorry, got a bit carried away but it's
building up.
JMHO   Norma no L