[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our dogs are herding dogs

  • From: "Mary-Anne" <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 16:42:31 +0000

I think we are confusing downed pasterns with the extreme reach and underreach
that NA dogs are showing in the ring. That is not downed pasterns and all of
these dogs will stand normally. As a breeder of West German Show Lines, I
have watched this with interest. While I haven’t seen it in my lines, I have
seen it and I have seen them ‘come up’. All of those dogs are ‘normal’ today.

This is similar to pano in that it is a ‘growing’ problem. But by the time
the dogs reach puberty with a little care and good nutrition, they stabilize.

Mary-Anne

Sent from Windows Mail