[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]Paul? Re: Interesting legislation....

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 12:16:38 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/2005 12:05:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
It's  very good that we have watchdogs on legislation like this, but I would
like to know what parts of this legislation could be carried through....I  am
concerned about the influx of large amounts of imported dogs being sold
directly
through the internet without the normal guidelines that are given  to
commercial breeders.   I am concerned about the other  internet retailers
(commercial
breeders), that are bypassing kennel  licenses and federal regs.

Ummm... what "influx of large" numbers of imported dogs?  Are you  talking
about things like what is happening in Southern CA??  If you are...  I got news
for y'all... EXCESSIVE REGULATIONS of breeders CAUSED that  problem.

As for "commercial breeders" selling online... once again, education is  the
key.  People are beginning to understand pet stores are not good... but
people do still buy from them.  You can't stop stupid people.

Paul, you have said that AKC is working diligently to deal with  ARightists

YOU CANNOT WORK WITH AR!!!!  The only one that ends up with  "compromise" is
YOU.

If people feel the need for "legislation" to solve every detail of  life...
at least keep it at the STATE level (that way I can avoid that state)  and not
the federal level.

and attempting decent legislation.   Have you an opinion  where this might be
going?

When I worked with  legislators (not about dogs ;)l   there was always an
attempt not  to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Give them and  inch.... The problem with this sort of legislation is once it
is on the books it  will be a piece of cake to just lower the numbers...
before we are even aware it  has happened.

 Can this legislation be
worthwhile with the ominous aspects of it  deleted?

Stormy

Sorry, but I haven't seen any "worthwhile" parts of it.

Ginger  Cleary, Dallas, GA_ http://www.rihadin.com _