[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]Education ideas Was please explain re: AKC

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: vande001@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:37:05 -0400

This is a really good topic.  I got a call 2 days ago from a prior obedience
student.  She and her boyfriend are considering another GSD pup.  This is what
they asked.  Found a pup who is supposed to be 8-10 wks old.  But, sounds like
the pup is 4+ mos old.  Pup has had no vaccinations or vet checks.  No
registration with owner claiming she is a German/American cross.  The owner
says she's going thru a divorce and needs to sell the pup.  Owner not willing
to give the people the breeder's info.  And, she wants $500 for this pup.  So,
should they take this pup?  I told them if they consider the pup a rescue and
get her for free, sure.  There is no way they should pay for a dog with no
available history, no papers and no guarantee of health.  They declined the dog
but I feel bad for this pup.  I really think this is a scam.  Too many people
will fall for this and the pet store dogs.

So, how do we get the word out to the general public, in your area, rather than
one person at a time?  I know there are folks out there who are very successful
at placing their pet pups into good homes.  How do you all do that?  Tell us
your secret to get good homes for your pups.

Laura Thomas