[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]Bad Behavior/ great point

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:54:05 EDT

Reading below, I thought, "Have you ever let something go and later stewed
about it?"  I know I do.

Worse, I stew about it and stew about it and recount it to friends, and
I've lost sleep...

Something happened a few months ago and instead of stewing, I said, right
when it happened, "you know, that's offensive to me".

I can't begin to tell you how LIBERATING that was.  The person tripped
over themselves explaining, then apologizing, explaining some more, and I'm
sure  this doesn't say much about MY character, but secretly, I enjoyed the
HECK out  of just how uncomfortable I'd made them.

So them my sister was recounting for the ump-teenth time that she was
uncomfortable about how a "friend" had adopted a couple of kittens, one needed
medical care, wasn't getting it...I heard about those da**ed kittens for
days  and days, the one day my sister was almost in tears and since neither of
us  could do anything.... and finally I said "why not just say how this
gal's  behavior offends, disappoints, disgusts....whatever...you?"

So now that's the plan.

And I think when we are at shows, no matter who acts badly, someone or a
few "someones" should just say "your behavior offends me" and just walk  away.

It's REALLY liberating!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 7/16/2009 10:58:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx writes:

I saw  something happen at a show last year that  turned
my stomach and, as  I later learned, infuriated many others who were there
that  day.  It was the epitome of poor sportsmanship, unethical behavior
and
verbal abuse.  The sheer volume of the nastiness even left  a dog sitting
and cringing, as if he had somehow caused all the bad  feelings.  Those of
us
who witnessed what was said and done are  EQUALLY responsible for having
allowed such repugnant behavior to go  unchecked

**************Can love help you live longer? Find out now.
(http://personals.aol.com/articles/2009/02/18/longer-lives-through-relationships/?ncid=emlweu
slove00000001)