[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SHOWGSD-L AND JUNIORS

  • From: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 03:45:22 EDT

In a message dated 10/5/05 7:59:56 PM, webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Melissa, thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we expect
her to let us KNOW exactly what all the juniors want and need.

Way to go, Melissa!!!  For those of you that don't know Melissa personally,
her very FIRST time in the ring was in October of 2003......she came to watch a
show where my dog was entered in January of 2003....she started taking
conformation classes in the summer of 2003.

She stepped in for me at a show where I'd planned on showing my own dog; I
had injured my knee at a previous show when I stepped in a hole.  I was
nervous,
but calmed down when I saw just how good she & my "Jojo" looked....but my
stomach flipped when Mr. Jimmy Moses appeared right before Breed....Melissa
hung
in there much better than I did -- taking BOS to Jimmy & Genny....

She told me "Next time, I'M TAKING BREED."  And she did EXACTLY that!  She
started showing in Juniors in June of 2004 with her Cardigan Welsh Corgi, and
is
currently the #2 Cardi Junior in the country.

Melissa has always loved dogs, and enjoyed watching shows on TV.  She doesn't
come from a show family, and her family is just now realizing how important
shows are for Melissa.

So congratulations Melissa - you have already made an impact on so many of us
with a passion that some of us may have forgotten we had when we all entered
this sport.

Kelly Busse
Wolfheart German Shepherds