[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx" <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>, "cashe90@xxxxxxxxxxx" <cashe90@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 07:01:02 -0700 (PDT)

I listen in on the board meeting for about an hour and a half. I thought that
Frank did a great job keeping everyone on task. I think it is a great way to
hold the board meetings and members can listen in to the workings of the club
if they choose to. If the board members want to talk back and forth with each
other they can do it by computer while they are on the phone. I think it would
be great if they held half of the meeting by phone and the other half at
locations of interest for nationals. If they decide to hold all the nationals
at Purina farms then after the first year they can do all the board meeting by
phone. It would save the club a ton of money and after the first year the
hosting of the national at Purina farms should be pretty much figured out. I do
believe if they had 2 meetings a year by phone that would save the club around
30,000. By holding the board meetings on the phone it will allow more members
to run for the board who might
 otherwise not be able to afford the expense of traveling. It allows any member
to  listen in and see what the board is doing.  I like the thought of the
national traveling around the country but with the phone conference board
meetings it makes everyone able to attend a board meeting.
Terry