[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:03:07 -0500

Well, I'll put in my next column in Show Sight, if that'll help.
My other idea is that if a judge does this early on in the assignment,
that the rest of the dogs be pulled...and someone tell the steward or
judge why this is happening.  Of course, that won't happen...but just
think if it did...it might teach the judge a lesson.
It's also probably the only way the AKC would notice.
Peggy

Nancy Harper wrote:

>I do not believe that most of us are "condemning" the loose lead evaluation.
>To the contrary, it is absolutely essential that a temperament evaluation is
>given in order to protect the integrity of our breed's character.  What we are
>"condemning" is the incorrect use of the evaluation, we are asking the
>evaluation be given correctly.
>How many of the all breed judges attend our seminars?  What percentage of
>those out there, that are approved to pass judgment on our breed, have viewed
>our very excellent tape on this procedure?  Are there other constructive ways
>we can get their attention?  For one, I am in favor of using whatever means we
>can, as a group, to educate the all breed judges (as well as specialty judges
>if needed) and thus the suggestion to publish in a high volume distribution an
>excellent article on the subject.

POST is Copyrighted 2004.  All material remains the property of the Poster and
of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are
permitted without prior permission of the original poster AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

For technical help and administrative matters, please contact the List
Administrators at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx