[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]

  • From: "Janice Buchanan" <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:58:47 -0600

I've been using Avast for several years on my laptop.  It downloads only the
new data each day (automatically and without slowing my PC at all), prompts
me when there's a new version - but only installs when I tell it to;
continuously monitors activity on my PC, but only runs a full system scan
when I tell it to.   I've tried MacAffee and used Symantec for years, but
was frustrated with the way both slowed my computer to a dead halt when
they'd suddenly start scanning.  I also hated the constant prompts to
"upgrade" MacAffee and resented having to pay increasingly higher fees  each
year to keep receiving updates.
Both AVG and Avast are free, and most comparisons were really close - I
can't remember why I chose Avast, but I'm happy with it.  If you're
interested in looking into it, the website is www.avast.com

- Janice Buchanan