[ SHOWGSD-L ] RE: [ SHOWGSD-L ]

  • From: "David Fritsche"<d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx , showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:59:44 -0700

I upgraded my avg virus protection to avg 8 about a month
ago and I have had nothing but problems since.  Slowed both
the laptop and pc up considerably - freezes up both of them
-  Is any one else having problems?

Is there another good free one out there.  after using avg
for years I have had it- or even a good low cost one.  Not
Norton
Sally
www.embroiderybysally.org
      new designs

================
Yes, it will not run in the background, but takes over my
machine rendering it useless.
The reason I went to it was that McAfee was worse and kept
telling me what I was going to do and wouldn't set down and
shut up. I'm already married, so I don't need that from a
computer.

I went to SecurityShield 2008 which advertised that it was
the best at running in the background and was the slickest
thing ever, but it kept locking up my computer totally and
then I could do nothing.

So I went to Iolo System Mechanic Professional 7, which has
a ton of utilities with it plus the anti-virus. I used the
utilities and my machine now runs like a million dollars,
well, maybe only $500,000. As far as the rest of the
program, I set it to run late nights to scan and now I don't
even know it's there. Even when it does one of its "I think
I smell a rat and I have to run now," things, I can keep on
working without it interfering.

Got it at Wal-Mart for less than the others I've tried, and
unless it does some other stupid thing, it's here forever.

Dave

Scanned by iolo AntiVirus 1.5.3.5
http://www.iolo.com