[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SHOW ENTRIES... SAD....

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: caggra@xxxxxxx, VSabiaB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 07:32:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I agree with Jeff. I plan on taking Columbus weekend off.  I have been
there and done that. Ann
caggra@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Vicki,

?

I was surprised to see such low #'s...but the Columbus all breeds have had
shrinking entries for the past few years, much the same as the used to be big
Louisville cluster.??I heard several people say?after the past year or so at
these shows that they would not return.? THEIR perception is that these shows
are always a sweep for a certain?big?All Breed?handler and his team.??Before
anyone jumps on me, I am only?stating what others have said?THEY feel.??I think
certain?All Breed clusters do absolutely lose entries based on this perception
by exhibitors.? The Columbus All Breed weekend used to be 4 or 5 pt
majors...Several handlers came in, plus MANY local owner-handlers etc.??

My opinion is that these entries are simply going elsewhere on other
weekends.?? Some all breed weekends have dramatically LARGER entries as
compared to the past....I feel?that?this is because?the same big All Breed
handler mentioned above?has not been to these shows in the past?few years.? For
example....? This weekend we are going to Fort Wayne, Indiana all breeds.?
These used to be?1 pt shows year after year.? This year?are strong majors
everyday, I think even 4 pts in dogs if all show up.? Next weekend we go to
Grand Rapids, Michigan.?? These shows have always hovered around 2 or 3 pts.,
but this year there are?over 20?males!? A strong 4 pt major!? So, I guess we
all just have to re-evaluate where we are entering dogs that just need majors.?
:(?

I would love to have majors back at our Columbus all breeds...The shows are
less than 4 miles from my house!!!!!!!? LOL??? Maybe I can see if our Specialty
club can get in good with the 4 All Breed clubs to help choose judges in the
future.? One thing I noticed this year is that there are 2 All Breed judges, 1
Specialty judge and 1 judge that does both.? Maybe that affected the entries in
Columbus this year too??

Jeff Pyle