[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SHOW DOGS DIE ..Were Kept in a Cargo Van Overnight

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SHOWGSD-L <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:27:52 -0700

In one of the earlier stories, it was mentioned that she had windows
open, as well as one door.  Just keeping the story on track... it was
a foolish mistake... she thought the garage was too hot, so attempted
to cool off the van.  Yes, bringing them in the house would have been
the smartest thing, of course.

It would be good if this were a warning.  We have all had stories of
big box vans of dogs having the generator go out while the handler was
off having dinner, I've seen van loads sitting in motel parking lots,
windows down... it wasn't 103, but quite warm, and ripe for a car
theft.  How many handlers pull up late at night at their houses,
kennels and leave the dogs in the truck until morning.  There are
those stories and they are common.

Maybe this, which much have devastated the young woman, could serve as
a wake-up call....

Stormy
who learned from her Dad that the animals were fed, watered and bedded
down before I took care of myself.