[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SHOW DOGS DIE ..Were Kept in a Cargo Van Overnight

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: CagGra@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, VSabiaB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:48:29 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/09 8:39:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time, caggra@xxxxxxx
writes:

> there have been multiple incidents where big name all breed handlers have
> had a/c units go out and 10+ dogs have died in those vehicles!?? I believe
> this situation happened to the same all breed handler
> twice?????????????????

then shame on those owners who send their dogs out with that handler - or
ANY handler who leaves dogs in a vehicle, at the show grounds overnight, in a
motel room unattended, in garages that aren't heated/air conditioned
(depending upon what the climate requires), etc. etc. etc.  accidents do happen
but this incident could have been avoided.  damaged hotel rooms can be
avoided.  dogs getting out of vehicles and losing their lives can be avoided.
BUT,
it is ultimately up to the owner to know how their dog will be cared for
BEFORE sending the dog out with anyone.  thankfully, the only time i had a dog
stay and travel with a handler was many years ago, with gail sprock - gail
was a PRO - never had any cause for worry as she cared for each dog as if it
were her own and the bottom line with gail was that the dogs came first.
diane
Diane Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Shop Popular Dell Laptops
now