[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SHOULD YOU INVEST IN PET INSURANCE?

  • From: "Art & Giselda" <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:01:12 -0700

Barbara,
I use Petsecure it is from winnipeg and it is underwritten by Securican.  I
am a big believer of insurance, and I know half of all my money is spent on
it, for myself, and my animals, property cars etc, but it would be he one
time you did not have it that you would need it.

When I got Dixie, she developed Pyometra, thank god I had her insured as I
forked out over $2000 for her.  I got 80% back and when I submitted my
claim, I had my money in just over a week. It is a great company, I really
like it.  Now I have Chic on it and just recently, she injured her leg.  I
had to take her to the vet and it was more than $100 for her, so I submit my
claim but for the first time every year you use it, you must pay the $100
deductible, then anything over that you recieve your 80% back.  So now, I
won't have to pay the deductible for another year, and if she is injured or
sick, I will get most of my money back from the claim.

I can say enough about the company, if yo have any questions, they will
answer right away and they are very nice on the phone, which is how an
insurance company should be.

Do you have pet insurance?

I think it is a great topic and wonder how many people actually carry it?
What companies are recommended and why would you choose certain companies?

Maybe we could have some feedback on it.

I pay $40 per month per dog but it is well worth it for me, as opposed to
thousands of dollars it could cost.

Giselda