[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SERIOUSLY Now?? GSDCA-marketing ideas!

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx, campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 08:01:22 -0500 (EST)

At first when I saw this I was a little POd but after thinking about it for
awhile, I came to the conclusion that this was done and posted on the FB site
to encourage (not discourage) new membership in a club that is losing its
members left and right.  Its a good promotion to intice people to join the
club.  Do I wish that I could pay $36 heck yeah..... but if this brings in new
members so be it.  Congrats to the person or persons who thought of this.  As
for putting board information on FB this is the only thing that I have seen and
I wouldn't call it vital news or info from the board meeting being displayed on
FB for the public to view.  Its a marketing gimmick to grow the club's
membership.  We have elected board members to represent us we need to let them
do their job, we don't need to have input on every single thing that is
discussed or decided.  "Pick our battles?"

MYJOY SHEPHERDS
Joyce Willis

 From: Lyn Chernak To: Joan Fox ; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tuesday,
anuary 31, 2012 5:20 PM
 Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA- Needs to improve marketing ideas!

 Here's the link to the GSDCA FB
 German Shepherd Dog Club of America
  Lyn Chernak
   From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  Are you kidding me?
 Joan

 Joan F. Fox
 website: http://camaignersgsds.com
 17500 Haskins Rd.
 Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
  Cell: 440-759-4119

 >________________________________

aceBook news page that the
  GSDCA was offerring all new members full membership at the price of $36 for
he year of 2012.

 >I joined the GSDCA in 1984 and had a two month lapses in 1990 when my
daughter was born, which caused
 me to lose 28 years of consecutive >membership to 20 years currently. I for
ne had been laid-off from my job
 since 2008, I am a single parent and head of household. I have three GSDs that
uring this time continued their
 training and earned titles. Each year I would come up with the dues, without a
iscount. I have also attended the
  National during that time span.

 >I consider this a slap in the face from the GSDCA.
 >
 >Cut and pasted from my FaceBook:
 >

 >German Shepherd Dog Club of America
 >BIG NEWS!!
 >THE GSDCA IS OFFERING ALL NEW MEMBERS A FULL MEMBERSHIP OF 36.00 FOR THE 2012
EAR!!!!!!!!
 >(OUR REGULAR FEES ARE 65.00)
 >HERE IS THE LINK TO OUR SITE. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING EVERYONE ON BOARD!
 >Lyn Chernak
 >

 >Lyn Chernak
 >CherLyn Shepherds - Updated Nov 29,2011
 >
 >http://www.cherlynshepherds.com
 >Three Generations ~ GSDCA 13 Club ~ Membership
 > CherLyn's Dixie, BH, CDX, RAE, TC, HIC, CGC
 > Ulric vom Kriegerhaus, CD, RA, TC, CGC

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original
dministrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any
ost.
MANNER