[ SHOWGSD-L ] SEIZURES QUESTION

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:39:49 EDT

Well, this day didn't start so well and I'm not sure it is ending much
better.  At least it was sunny and not rainy.

Rags woke me this morning with having a seizure in her crate at 6 AM.   I
know those of you who have had a dog have seizures never forget what it
sounds  and looks like.  It lasted probably 5 minutes although it took the body

maybe 20 minutes or so for the heavy breathing to stop.  I stayed in bed
and worried for the next hour or so.  Then I got up and when I let her out
she appeared to be just fine.  Put her outside and she later ate her
breakfast eagerly.

I returned home this afternoon from a dr's appt and stopping at Costco and
Bob said he had heard her again in her crate - lasted may a couple
minutes.  So now I am really worried.  She seemed a little restless  but maybe
it
was just her wanting her dinner a little bit ago.

Rags is 8 1/2.  The other dogs I had do this were much younger.   I am
wondering what experience others have had with an older dog having a  seizure
and what medication would you put them on.  I have an appointment  with the
vet tomorrow.

Tish
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.