[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SEIZURE QUESTION??

  • From: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: patsgsdpups@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:40:20 EST

In a message dated 11/22/05 7:57:24 AM, patsgsdpups@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< have removed wheat from his diet and it has not cured the problem, but he
has had fewer and less severe seizures >>

The diet that worked for some dogs that I know removed all grains, not just
wheat, as it is the gluten that is all grains that appears to be one of the
problems.  Gluten is in corn, rice, barley, etc.   Also removed all red meat
and
all dairy.  This is a very strict diet and you have to read ingredients of all
the food you give.    He was put in IVD Potatoe Duck kibble and canned and
that was it!  Worked miracles...I would urge any one that has a dog suffering
from seizures to at least try it for 6 months.  He also has stayed on his med
but at a lower dose. Before the diet change, he was having cluster seizures
monthly.

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com