[ SHOWGSD-L ] S.California Brag

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: janiscalkins@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 11:55:26 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 5/12/2014 7:53:05 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
janiscalkins@xxxxxxxxx writes:

First, I  want to thank everyone involved in putting on such a beautiful
group of  shows at the Claremont in S. California this past weekend. The
GSDC of Long  Beach and the Orange Coast GSDC held beautiful, well organized
shows and  hosted the South Pacific Region Futurity/Maturity. These shows
were a pleasure  to attend. It is a convenient location to stay, as well as
having beautiful  grounds for the show.  It was a large well-supported entry of
gorgeous  dogs.

I was musing about the shows, before I head out to my  deposition.

It went so well, due to the help of those who worked so  hard. Dick
Jennings not only was Show Secretary, did the catalogs and acted as  Ring
Steward.
The Katibs, (known as Summer's family), were there to run for what  we
needed, helped set up and tear down the ring, brought the cooker, and worked
cook the food and serve it. Tedi of course and Twyla who did the work with
the AKC, and everyone else who pitched in.

It only looked like it went smoothly, and everything was a  last minute
problem, but ended up working out. The key was having  professional judges,
exhibitors and handlers who were helpful in doing what  needed to be done.

It takes a small village, and thankfully we are a village, and  no one is
the sheriff and that seems to work.  We don't even have a town  drunk.

Then it helped to have such fantastic quality of dogs shown,  not just
numbers entered.  Maybe this is the beginning of the return to the  dogs shows
as we remember them.

After we tore down the show, I looked at the grounds, and it  was as if we
were never there. I talked to the motel staff and thanked them for  the
help, and they expressed that they hoped we would return for our next  shows.

What a change from those who never want us to return.  We  do thank
everyone who worked to make it a great show, with a large entry, and  quality
dogs,
top judging, and weather to show up the rest of the  country.

Evan

http://showgsd.org/mail.html