[ SHOWGSD-L ] Run for our Board

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 13:40:51 EDT

VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
This is  what I'm taking about. I asked someone to run for this years GSDCA

Board.and this is the answer You people who are "sue happy" should be
ashamed,  and we all know your names  Helen Miller  Fisher

When they make some changes to the current practice of suing  board
members,
I  might consider it.  Right now, I spend M-F  trying to keep from getting
sued  (whether justified or not).  I  don't want to spend my free time
doing
the  same thing when I am  uncertain whether the GSDCA would indemnify me.
It often takes more energy  to defend yourself when you have done nothing
wrong than it does  when you know that you have made a mistake.

How interesting. If someone spends M-F trying not to be sued, I would look
closely at their life and what they are doing to others that might cause
them to  sue them.

As a director of the GSDCA you are insurred, and protected. So long as you
act within the by-laws you have no chance of getting a judgment against
you. The  only two law suits I know about, (and the one that was threatened by
Hunte) were  because actions allegedly were taken by board members that were
outside the  by-laws.

I have never known someone who spends M-F trying to keep from getting sued,
 except for porn stars, bank robbers, conservative talk show hosts, doctors
 without a license, and family law attorneys.

Do right, harm no one, speak truthfully, follow the laws, and live long and
 prosper.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/