[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rules

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:31:30 -0700 (PDT)

Some time back I was related to a group that was having some - well,
lively discussions. It got tense, then extremely personal and then...
Here are my commandments for the situation!

Dave?s Commandments
(Moses only had 10!)
1.      Life is short! On your ?to do list?, put fun first!
2.      If the posted rule is: No laughing, chewing gun or having fun! Break
the rules ? Irritate all the legalists you find!
3.      Forgive quickly! Tomorrow you will need forgiveness!
4.      Laugh uncontrollably? It is the best medicine, besides? You can always
change your pants later!
5.      Do nothing that you will regret later but always remember the things
you regret not doing, then do them now!
6.      Walk at least one dog daily. Talk to him/her as though they understand,
for they do!
7.      Do something nice for someone else without their knowing who did it.
This could start a trend.
8.      Make contact with an old friend ? for no reason!
9.      Let someone in line or lane in front of you ? just because!
10.     Climb that mountain you always wanted to climb.
11.     Start writing that book you were going to ? today!
12.     Love truly, for this is the greatest adventure in life!

My uncle came to caution my granddad about his activities. At 94 he was
still walking several blocks to go downtown and see his friends and eat
lunch. ?You are too old for this dad,? he said; ?You are going to fall
down, break a hip and die.? He continued. Granddad looked up at him with a
sly little grin and said, ?So??
At 96 he did ? fell and broke his hip and later died ? happy and active
all his life. ?SO??

Dave