[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Royal Canine REproductive Seminar

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:50:57 -0400 (EDT)

perhaps it would be a good idea if we ALL waited for the internal audit
report to come out before we cast aspersions, make claims or create  innuendo.
 i believe the report will be done in the next couple  of months - someone
the internal audit committee can correct me if i am wrong  about the time.
diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 8/19/2011 11:19:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

A few  years back, previous to when the Bunch administration purportedly
made all of  these "deals" with Purina, Royal Canin used to have a booth at
our National,  and they hosted and paid for the best Hospitalities I had ever
attended.   I think the Orlando hospitality may have been the last one they
footed the  bill for.  And, their booth was empty that year.  A spokesman
for  Royal Canin told me that the morning after they set up their booth, they
were  not allowed in the Showgrounds.  I never got a straight answer from
anyone in the PC regarding that!
I believe that, somehow, we managed to  alienate Royal Canin when we
allowed the Purina "Infomercials" to take over  our Annual Meetings and go away
from the published Agenda for our Annual  Meeting that year.  I confronted a
couple of Board members in the hotel  that evening, (one is running for the
Board again this year, and another is  currently on the Board) and they told
me that I shouldn't complain, because, I  didn't realize how much money
Purina would be giving us, so, going off the  Agenda of our Annual Meeting was,
apparently, perfectly acceptable to  them!
Something stunk then, and still stinks today, regarding Purina  funds!  I
think we are extremely naive to believe that these monies ALL  ended up in
the GSDCA bank account!   Just my observations over the  past few years.

Don't get me wrong....I love, and feed, Purina, but, I  think the PC, in
those days, was into some shady dealings, to say the  least.

Paula, 38 days and counting

Home of BIS, BISS,  Multi-Group Winning, AKC JAM/AOE, International &
American Champion,  Bronze Grand Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v Plamark, HT,
PT, CGC, TC, HIC,  OFA CHIC #64047 (Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid), 1st
male German  Shepherd Dog Grand Champion, Lifetime #1 GSD in California &
Michigan (AKC  Stats as of 8/2/11), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
Invitee.