[ SHOWGSD-L ] Roving nationals

  • From: "Michael Lynch" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <caggra@xxxxxxx>, <MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx>, <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>, <jvk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:46:36 -0700

HI guys,

Is interesting to listen to the comments a Rotating nationals. In terriers
we usually have 2 nationals a year. A "Roving" national (meaning it moves
from one location to the next each year), and a fixed national in
Pennsylvania (Otherwise known as the Montgomery County Kennel Club Weekend
with Hatboro, Morris and Essex, and the Devon dog show).

Now, each year, we all bitch and complain about coming and going, etc but
each year, despite, rain, mud, heatwaves, snow, and all the drama, we still
find a way to make it.

Each show is huge and thrusday's show is about an hour away from Friday's
shows, which is about an hour way from the "big dance" on Sunday.

Most handlers will either fly back and rent a box truck or they drive. we
have driven from CA to Ambler PA. I flew a few years back but , in short,
what I am saying is that it really doesnt matter that much. If its your
national, you make the consessions to be there if its important to you.
There were some years (Namely last year) that I didnt have anything
competative enough to show, but I went to watch. And some years, I have dogs
I coudlnt wait to show there, but I still went. With the Roving nationals,
the numbers are significantly smaller, but a ntional nonetheless. I was
happy this year that the Wheaten Roving was right here in Sacramento. NO
flying, NO motel, nothing. Next year, the roving is in Denver. Ok its a
trek, but not a bad one. The following year it goes to Missouri.. not ideal,
but still feasable.

So anyways, I think what Im trying to say is that, if its important, you go.
If its not that important, you stay home and watch the DVD's, hear who did
what etc.

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Mike