[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rough night

  • From: ParavelGS@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showlist)
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:37:11 +0000

Had a rough night with my Lucy.  Became restless around 11 last night, pacing
in and out of the bedroom. Let her out to potty, but she couldn't settle, kept
getting up and pacing around the place.  Threw up once in 3 places. Of course
I'm immediately worried about torsion.  She didn't act like that, I've been
through it before, but just not feeling well.  She kept smacking her lips (its
the best way I can describe it) opening her mouth making a smacking noise. At
one point she let out a big belch and then seemed to feel better for about 30
minutes.  She was spayed a week ago, and has been on pain meds, and did this
same thing 2 days ago.  I thought she was probably getting an upset stomach
from the pain meds so stopped giving them yesterday morning. Around 2:30 this
morning she finally settled down and slept well.  She seems fine now, but
tired. The incision looks really good, no sign of infection.  I think she has
maybe been playing too hard as I have a 7 month old puppy tha
 t bugs
 her to play.  She ate breakfast today with no nausea.  I called the vet about
an hour ago, waiting for them to call back.  Anyone have this happen with their
dogs?  Its wierd that both nights it started around the same time.  And it
ended around the same time.   We only have one vet's office in this town and
the nearest emergency vet is 40 miles away. Makes me very nervous.
Sheri Chambers