[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rose Colored Glasses

  • From: lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx (Lindenhill German Shepherds)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:57:39 +0000

We keep a spread sheet(I know I am a bit fanatical about spread sheets) on=
 each of our studs. Recording all litter/progeny information provided by t=
he litter owners.

That info is available to bitch owners upon request.

I then use the same criteria to ask stud dog owners about any issues they =
have produced.

Our first objective, is to avoid doubling up on any known problems we may =
have on the bitch side. And, second is to hopefully not introduce anyt iss=
ues, we might have to deal with down the road.

Stud dog owners seam to handle this in one of two ways, either with comple=
te honesty, or in a very defensive nature.

Folks it takes two to tangle...

Moving forward, continguing to improve is what drives us as breeders and h=
opefully leaving the breed in better shape then when we began.

Mike and Sheila
Lindenhill

> Doctor Kruger, I agree with you. I am finding it hard to find a good dog=
> breed to without serious health problems.  I have recently bred to a dog=
, that
> to date, I can honestly say has given me very few problems and good qual=
ity
> animals , but there     comes a time when you have to go somewhere else.=
 I  find