[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Roll of Honor Award

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <KathrynSpringer@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Stormy V. Hope'" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>, "'showgsd-l@freelists org'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 16:44:57 -0800

Yep....and most of us don't even know all the stuff Diane does.....I just named
a few I knew about.

I left out that Diane has been working with Stormy on Legislation for many
years in Florida...which
is a hot spot for HSUS/PETA & ASPCA efforts to regulate everything about all
animals.....and Diane
has missed very few NAIA Seminars since 1996. She is a great example of
dedication .......

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Kathryn Springer Sent: Friday, November 06, 2015 7:13 PM To:
Carolyn Martello; Stormy V. Hope;

I second everything Carolyn said. Diane is awesome and I have no idea how she
finds the time to do
everything she does.

A well deserved award from the GSDCA.

Kay Springer
Sent from my Kindle Fire

Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Stormy. WELCOME HOME! We've been good while you were gone <G> and I'm
so glad
you had a great trip. I'm trying not to be jealous of your time enjoying the
Atlantic ocean waves.

I just want to add a couple of comments about Diane Roberts.
Somehow..... it does not surprise me that Diane spent a lot of time discussing
Legislation with you
and she will likely be a lot of help to you in some way over time .....if not
already!!

A lot of people that were not at the National might not know that Diane Roberts
was awarded the
Roll Of Honor Award this year.....
KUDOS to Pam O'Dell and her Awards Committee for recognizing Diane for all she
does as Diane deserves
this award more than anyone I know. Diane Roberts is one of those who works
tirelessly for the Club and
this Breed and never is concerned about recognition or accolades for all she
does. It's just who she is!

Diane has worked at the Herding Trials at the National every year she is at a
National since it started.
She also organizes and handles the Rescue Table every year. Diane has worked
in the Local 4-H forever
to teach and to bring Jr. handlers into this Sport. She is an Ambassador for
the Breed representing our
Breed at Eukanuba every year. In Rescue she works with a large group in the
Tampa Club to help hold
an Agility Trial every year to help fund the Rescue Org. She develops foster
care for dogs all over the
State of Florida.
The Rescue dog featured this year was one Diane got a call about last year just
before leaving for the
National....and she delayed leaving to drive roundtrip about 5 hrs. to pick up
the dog and drive him to foster
care! This year....during the National she got a call about a GSD who's
owner had died and the mother
of this owner could not manage taking the kids AND the dog. Diane stayed on
the phone until she got
someone to pick up the dog and get it into foster care while she was working at
the National!
Diane herself always has several GSD rescues at her home that she cares for
until they find homes or
foster care....AND....she also has her own Champions that she also works in
performance venues herself.
Meanwhile she has a family, husband, grown children and Grandchildren that she
is very involved with.

An AWESOME Award for an AWESOME dedicated worker for our GSDC of America!!

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS Diane!!!!

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Stormy V. Hope Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 6:25 PM
To: ShowGSDList Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Home again, home again.

I’ve been home a couple of days now and just now ‘sorta’ catching up. The trip
was really great. Visited with my Denver family for the first 3 days, flew to
Florida and spent 3.5 days watching Atlantic waves curl up on the beach. Then
up to Orlando for 4 days of renewing friendships, acquiring new ones, and
getting updates about animal issues, research, breeding…well, just everything.
Diane Roberts and I discussed GSDCA Legislation and (VBG) lots more. Diane
does so much for GSDs and all dogs! It’s so great to see her each year. Maybe
next year, more GSDCA members can attend.

Then an exhausting 15 hour day to get back here, then catch-up, catch-up,
catch-up. I was without internet most of the time, and the time flew by, so my
signature Facebook pages suffered a big drop in activity. (Go see, go “like,”
go follow.)
And where are you all now? You’ve disappeared? Did I do that?????

Stormy V. Hope