[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Robert Scholes, it was bound to come out

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:08:02 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/2006 6:59:35 PM Central Standard Time, ELG440@xxxxxxx
writes:
I don't know how strongly to respond, so I will just say what I know from
personal experience, not what others have told me.
I have known Bob for over 25 years. In all that time I have never known him
to say anything bad about another, take advantage of anyone, or say anything
nasty about another person.

When Ralph Roberts discovered that an Andretti litter his daughter did had
been sired by another dog, he reported it to the AKC. The AKC set up a
hearing
and I offered to represent Bob, but he refused to defend himself, and has
continued to take that position from the beginning.  A number of litters
were
tested, and I seem to remember that one other litter did not test  true.
Most
of them did.  I think Barbara Amidon had a puppy that lost  its registration.

Bob told me the breeding that was false was done by his kennel helper who  he
fired. I have no reason to believe anything else.

Everyone will believe what they want about Bob, and take whatever position
they feel is needed.  However, he is a human being, he has feelings. He did
great deal for this breed, and he will be honored by me for what he has
accomplished, not what he has been accused of doing.  Since there never was
hearing, and since Bob has decided to remove himself from the shepherd ring,
respect his choice and decision.

Bob will not be with us forever, and we may die first. But, while we both
remain and share this life, I will respect his decision, and call him my
friend.

One of the funniest stories about Bob was something that happened at a  party
in Las Vegas. Bob was at that time baking cheese cakes for a living. He
brought a beautiful cake to the party. Someone asked me what it was, and with
 Bob
standing next to me I said, "It is supposed to be a cheese cake, but Bob
Scholes baked it, so I guess we can't be sure."   Bob laughed the  hardest.

That is the man he is.  I am sorry to see someone who doesn't even  know him
as well as I do, express such a strong opinion, but I also respect
everyone's
right to hold that opinion.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

Thank you for your words of wisdom Evan, we had met Robert years ago and have
stayed in contact with him and Donna. All we can do now is pray for him and
his family and keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

    Gary