[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rita

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: cajon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:26:15 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/2005 10:10:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,
cajon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi, my mom & Dad live in the Woodlands in Houston, TX. My mom  and Dad are 80
miles North of the Gulf, so she feels they will avoid the  flooding but they
are still worried about the high winds.She went to  three different stores to
stock up today. she says that they were able  to buy lots of stuff except
bottle water, breads, batteries and toliet  paper were gone from the shelves.
She
told me you can not imagine the  throngs of people out shopping.She said if
they lose all power and  water, it is going to be really bad.I have begged them
to get in the car  with their pets and come to Michigan. Dad ( 70 y.o) and set
in his way's  wants to ride it out. She has been filling plastic cartons with
water  and stocked up on cola drinks, pop-top cans of food and fruits, and
pet  food. She told me Friday she is going to fill the bath-tub with water so
she can flush the toliet. She says that you cannot imagine the traffic  on all
the major freeways due to thousands of folks who are evacuating  the
low-lying areas. It's a Nightmare! It has everyone scared!
I  pray everyone comes through this hurricane o.k.!!!  !!!Joni

I have a dear friend who is also in the Woodlands....one thing going  for
them....all the tree's break the ground effect winds and will  help.   My
friends
family of 9 have chosen to go to her place  then farther...they feel the
solid brick house set amongst large tree's  will be enough.  I sure hope so.
Best wishes to your mom  and dad, may they come through as they went in.
Another thing in short supply over there is gas cans......
Here in Beaumont and the Lumberton walmart, they keep bringing entire
transport truck loads in with essential supplies  ie bottle water,  generators,
non
perishable food items.  I am so glad Texas appears to  be far readier than La
was to deal with such an apparent disaster.
Molly

Trillia  German  Shepherds