[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rights and wrongs...? and in between

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 14:23:16 -0700 (PDT)

This was meant to go to a different group not to this one.
Yahoo new e-mail service has it's own mind on sending things.
This message came from my draft folder so sorry for the repeat.

Theresa

________________________________
From: Penny & Bill [mailto:Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
To: scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx; marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx;
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re:  Re: Rights and Wrong and in between

Very intelligent post, Theresa.  The problem today (and as far back as I can
remember) is that many people do not look far enough BACK in their pedigrees
to know what
dogs/problems have been doubled/tripled upon.  Unless we
educate ourselves to understand what is there  (and I mean 10-15 generations
back) we will be repeating mistakes, unknowingly.  But it is our business to
KNOW!  How can we educate others if WE are ignorant?  Obviously we cannot.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever

Unless your GSD  you decide to breed does not carry the below GSD's in
their pedigree there is no way to avoid the past as it will always repeat
itself.
  As we all know these
dogs are repeated numerous times in our GSD's pedigree.  It has nothing to
do with show dogs as every living GSD goes back to the beginning of the breed
if there were no other breeds involved along the line. It has everything to do
with health and sound temperament which you need to avoid doubling-tripling up
of
GSD's that carried it on through their genes to
present time.
Even if you think you outcross does not make a difference since you are
still linebreeding if these GSD's are in the background several times.
In all these pedigrees I have with dogs passing away to Hemangiosarcoma the
below dogs are in their pedigrees over and over again. The males were also
noted by
others of having dogs with other cancers, EPI, Digestive-Bloat problems,
Cryptorchidism.
Several of the below GSDs had fear aggression and unstable temperament
issues too.
Rosel vom Osnabrücker Land
Axel von der Deininghauser Heide
Utz vom Haus Schütting
Hussan vom Haus Schütting
Klodo vom Boxberg
Erich von Grafenwerth
Alex vom Westfalenheim

is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org/