[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ricky White Fut/Mat Amatuer System

  • From: "Donna" <onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <SHOWGSD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gsdshowlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:47:07 -0400

Coming home to download over 1200 emails, and this is the 1st I am
responding to.
I met Ricky White the week before the National. I have heard about him
through my friends Lenny Brown and Jamie Clute. I have heard he is the
nicest guy and how much fun he has in the ring and how he is not a
professional handler but always there to help out and to help and encourage
Juniors. Well, I brought a dog down to Augusta for one of my best friends
Linda Delarso to Melissa just the weekend before the National. While he took
reserve NE Maturity dog. we all knew he was not the type of dog for either
judge at the National.but Ricky was so excited to show a fully trained nice
dog so he could go out there and have some fun.and so I offered to continue
to help when I could in the finals and class, although I also had my clients
dogs that we went for to double and groom. We did just that.I know this
isn't the dog in question.however, please stop the negativity. Any new event
has it's quirks.and needs to be worked out however, from what I understand
and witnessed.Ricky is not a professional, doesn't claim to be nor accepts
any $ .but rest assured, I would give him a puppy or any dog any day because
of his soft hands with the dog making it fun.he is not into ego.rather than
going and having a good time with a good group of people. (Something we all
fought to get back this past week) I got to know him a little better at the
party's in Augusta 2 weeks ago and personally I could tell he is a guy who
would go out of his way for anyone anywhere at anytime.a true gentleman. I
don't know who or what started this, but I hope it's done with.Ricky
deserves the joy of winning and in the spirit the program was made to
be.Thank you Nancy for coming up with this new program.and for dealing with
the Fut/Mat system as a leader despite all the hard decisions you have been
forced to take in this past year !
Donna Calabrese

Donna M. Calabrese & Leslie L. Dancosse
Aramist Kennels aka The Girlz, Home of  Am & Can GVX Ch. Ivana, OFA ROM, Can
Sel Titanic, OFA, ROM , NE BIM CAN SEL Ch & AM BIS CH Can GVX CHYNA... Visit
our website at www.girlzofaramist.com