[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Review

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:41:38 EDT

In a message dated 8/20/2010 4:19:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx writes:
It  should be educational to Judges and Newcomers alike.
Perhaps some  skeletal pictures of correct structure both standing  and
moving .  How to find it fully clothed.
Maybe a comparison between the GSD and The  Malinois.and why.
Perhaps articles explaining what type of herding  dog the GSD is  and
it's structure for what  function.
Articles on how to get started in tracking ,   herding, working and more.
Picking the right job for your dogs personality.  There is so much that the

judges and newbies have no idea about.  Besides that, it's nice to refresh
the  memory's of some of the  oldies. I think sometimes we get stale
looking
at what  is popular  and forgetting what is correct.
Articles on what problems our dogs  are facing health wise.
Grooming tips. How to avoid making a sound puppy  fearful.
Every month could be filled with articles of interest.
Just some thoughts.  Judi

Excellent post,Judi. I just sent to Lanalee the small spiral  book  of the
New breed Leonberger's Illustrated Stardard. You all  know over the years ,I
have protested getting rid of Norri Ornesses Illustrated  Standard. Well.if
we could duplicate this for the GSD,I'd be greatly pleased.  Many
diagrams,schematic illustrations and many colored photos, showing all  colors
and
coats allowed. Fantastic written explanations re their written  Standard which
is in the little booklet. This is something every Gsd owner would  buy from
our website as well as being sent to all AKC judges

               Helen Miller Fisher