[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Reverse 911

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:08:10 -0300

The reverse 911 system was used during the fires here last year.  It was a
godsend to so many.
Often the news channels won't have the up-to-the -minute info.
We have mtn lions here too, not so much right around our place (mostly
bobcats, coyotes, snakes and really
icky spiders, lol) but we see tracks occasionally from lions in the areas we
like to run.
I think about it when I go out, esp w/o a dog.  I always try to have 'plan
B" in case of rattlesnake bite, bees, or
lion.  The areas we run are pretty remote, and a chopper would be the only
way to get you
out in a hurry.
 Unfortunately, one is pretty defenseless against lion attack w/o a weapon.
  All you can do is try to be
aware, esp around secluded areas that have water in spots, or streams, and
high ground.
Other than that...better off carrying pepper spray or  a sawed off 16
gauge...be tough to run with though , lol

Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Home of :
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WEBSITE UPDATED JULY 4, 2008